Duplicate a cohort and keep synch?

Duplicate a cohort and keep synch?

by Ben Fitzgerald -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

Adding students to a cohort, enrols them in multiple courses (or what I think of as units). 

Is it possible to duplicate a cohort and change its name whilst keeping it synched to a list of courses (units)?

E.G Cohort A, synched to Course 1, Course 2 and Course 3.

Copy/duplicate Cohort A, call it Cohort B and keep Cohort B synched to Course 1, Course 2 and Course 3.

Failing that, can you create a cohort by upload and have it synched to a list of courses by upload?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ben Fitzgerald

Re: Duplicate a cohort and keep synch?

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ben!

I'm not sure why do you want/need to have two different cohort with the same users synced to a course... However, you can duplicate manually de cohort following these steps:

• Create manually the new cohort from "Site administration | Users | Accounts | Cohorts | Add new cohort" 
  • Use the "Bulk user actions" for adding all the users from the old cohort to the new
    • Filter the users with "Cohort ID" equals to the old cohort ID
    • Add all them to the selection 
    • Choose "Add to cohort" from the "With selected users..." dropdown list

After of this you'll need to add manually the new cohort to the old cohort courses sad

Please, let us know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Sara

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Ben Fitzgerald -

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your response, it's much appreciated.

However, it's not the USERS I want to keep synched, it's the courses.

I need to create a LOT of different groups of students (Users) synched to the same set(s) of courses. Rather than manually synching the cohort to the same set of courses 60 times, I'm looking for a way to create one cohort ID, synched to a set of courses and then duplicate it and add the new students to the duplicate.

regards

Ben

In reply to Ben Fitzgerald

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ben!

My apologies for misunderstanding. In this case, I guess you'll be interested on this issue get solved: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-36951? If you agree, I recommend you to vote it: the more votes it gets it, the higher the probability that it will be done wink

Best wishes from Barcelona,

Sara