Maximum file upload problem Moodle 3.4.1

Maximum file upload problem Moodle 3.4.1

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We just upgraded to 3.4.1 a couple days ago.  We've had a Max file upload limit of 600MB for a long time.  Today, one of my instructors tried to upload a 96 MB file but it would not upload.  I recommended changing the course maximum, which did need a change.  Now, it still says the limit is 600 but it still refuses to load a file less than 1/6th of the maximum. 

I don't know anything about our server configuration but I do know we had to upgrade to PHP 7 to upgrade.  When we did that, cron stopped running and several other odd things happened.  As I find them, we're getting them fixed but I can't figure this one.

The only posts on this were six years old.  And the documentation only goes through 3.3...A little help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Maximum file upload problem Moodle 3.4.1

by Floyd Saner -

Melanie,

I'm quite certain upgrading to PHP 7 changed your php.ini file. Your sys admin will need to follow the instructions at https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/File_upload_size. Those instructions should work for Moodle 3.4.x.  After changing php.ini, the server must be stopped and restarted.

Floyd

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Floyd Saner

Re: Maximum file upload problem Moodle 3.4.1

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Thanks so much.  I don't do the server side of stuff but I gave this to the guy who does and it works, so it must have been helpful!