email based self registration issue

email based self registration issue

by Tarandeep Singh -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

We are trying to create an account by email based self-registration. But having an issue:

Exception - Call to a member function autoenrol() on null

We are using Moodle 3.3.2 version

Please help us to resolve this issue

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tarandeep Singh

Re: email based self registration issue

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There's no function anywhere in core Moodle (that I can see) called autoenrol().   Nearest thing is called try_autoenrol().

So....

- switch on Debugging and reproduce the problem. Do you get more information (a trace) with the error? Please copy it here. You may need to check your web server's error log.

- what optional plugins have you installed that might account for this (most likely, but not necessarily, an enrolment plugin)?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Tarandeep Singh -

Hi

I have turned on debugging it shows the following error:-

Can you please help me to resolve this?

In reply to Tarandeep Singh

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well... it's Iomad - which is an extension of Moodle, but still not Moodle. 

The issue seems to be happening in local_iomad_signup where it traps the event to create a user. This could well be a bug of some sort. Could you create an Issue in https://github.com/iomad/iomad/issues giving as much detail as you can to assist in reproducing this and I'm sure somebody will take a look.