Assignment - skip non-readable files

Assignment - skip non-readable files

by louise wong -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all,

I've got a suggestion, I am not sure if someone's raised it before but I can't seem to find anything in relation to it(?)... I am working with a lecturer who's got the student to upload multiple file types. This is for an construction class, they're to include either a .pdf or .doc and .dwg files. When it comes to marking the assignment, if the word doc is the first file to load then the lecturer can mark the work in Moodle, the .dwg file must be downloaded and marked separately as Moodle cannot read this file which is fine. But if the .dwg file is the first to load then the lecturer can't use Moodle to mark it - the lecturer would automatically go and select the report (either .pdf or .doc) on the top right assuming this would load the file onto the review panel/left hand panel but instead this will download the file which they don't want to do. They just want to mark the work in Moodle. Would it be possible in the future to get Moodle to ignore non-readable files and move straight on to readable files and have the option to download the files set up differently? E.g. check box to check the files you want and then hit a download button, selecting it will just load the readable files onto the 'review panel'/left hand panel? Please refer to the attachment.

Kind Regards,

Louise

Attachment example.jpg
Average of ratings: -