GDPR Policies Plugin - Any facility for Optional?

GDPR Policies Plugin - Any facility for Optional?

by James Clarke -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 

Looking at the GDPR plugin, I am unable to find a way of setting a policy to be optional?

We were planning on splitting our policies up so the communications one was optional to control their consent to be marketed.

However each one I create has the required marker next to it in the form.

How can I set one to be optional?

Kind Regards

Jimmy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Clarke

Re: GDPR Policies Plugin - Any facility for Optional?

by Ray Lawrence -

Not possible as far as we can see. We mention this in our podcast.

In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: GDPR Policies Plugin - Any facility for Optional?

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

I noticed this too. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Now, the User agreements screen does have the option to set consents on a policy by policy basis and it includes a filter to show 'Not agreed' so this indicates the logic is there in the background to track non-consents (although it is unclear if it distinguishes between 'consent refused' and 'not yet consented' which it should.)

You can't withdraw consent yet in the latest version of the plugin, which is required, so they will have to add that feature as well.

What I would like the policy tool to do is allow the DPO/admin to set some policies as 'consent required' and the others as 'consent optional'.

Granted a user may be required to consent to the primary purpose just to use Moodle,  but for policies for other purposes you must have the option to refuse consent initially or it may very well not be valid consent (per recital 42). The DPO needs to be able to make that decision and have it set up accordingly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)