I have 6 gigs of wmv and flash that I display as resources. Either I link to the wmv or to an html page that displays the flash.
The site has been running and working fine for over six months.
Friday 12/30/05 all the links went away. Enter a course and you'd see the resouce sections but they were entirely blank. No resouce name or link showing. The database fields were all normal and full. No changes had been made to the moodle install except the adding of new courses, sections and resources. I noticed the problem when I was creating a new course and got an error to the effect (I don't have the exact text) "error writing section, the section does not exist..")
I restored the server from a backup of the day before and it is now ok but I lost a days work and I don't want this to happen again.
Example of my setup: this course would have been entirely blank on Friday CADLearning Demos