Time Tracking off-line

Time Tracking off-line

by Daniel Miller -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all,

I have been hunting the forums and haven't found anything on the topic that I'm looking for. I apologise if I've missed something.

We have a need that I believe is not uncommon. Some of our clients require us to provide information, for various different reasons, about user connection times. We tend to derive approximate results by analysing existing tables and suchlike. The question that we are wrestling with is what to do about offline time on mobile devices.

We are wondering whether there will be any sort of logs or any other time-logging data available to us for users on the mobile apps?

Any pointers of where I could find anything useful on the subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Miller

Re: Time Tracking off-line

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Daniel,

is not possible to do that,

In any case, we are planning to support  "offline logging", that means that we'll store in the normal log events that happened when the user was offline.

Maybe for 3.6 or 3.7

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Time Tracking off-line

by Daniel Miller -

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the response. Do you think that it might be possible to add events into the standard log for mobile app turning on and off (or gaining and losing focus)? I understand that this would not be before 3.6, but it would be valuable for us.

Also, when you push logs from Mobile app to the server, would I be right in assuming that you'll go through the standard logstore API? If I want to intercept the logs as they arrive on the server then would you advise me to write a logstore plugin? 

Best regards,

Daniel