Importing Gradebook Setup

Importing Gradebook Setup

by Yusif Eldahan -
Number of replies: 3
Hey guys,

So coming from Schoology, there is an option to import grade distribution and their weights easily from another course. There is also a way to import rubrics as well. This is especially useful if I already have multiple courses already working and wish to add the weights quickly.

My problem: Without importing the students names or their marks, can I do the same in Moodle?

Thanks everyone.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yusif Eldahan

Re: Importing Gradebook Setup

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi Yusif, emmmmmm, after three weeks, have you got any further? 

As you can tell, not a lot of users of Schoology here, so not a lot of help, I am afraid. I don't even know what type of database Schoology uses, can't find enough information on the tool that would encourage me to look further. I even looked at this site, and it is being very bashful, Schoology doesn't seem to appear anywhere in a list of LMS's. I am wondering it it is really classed as a SIMS or a CMS?

Rubrics can be imported, reused, as the Moodle Docs on Advanced Grading Methods suggest. As for weighting grades across courses.... dunno, never tried it, but I suspect it would be a handy thing to know, so ...mmmm looking.... 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Importing Gradebook Setup

by Yusif Eldahan -

Hey Colin,

So Schoology was the first, successful, free LMS I was able to use with my students. In terms of user interface it is easier and more straightforward to use, despite the two being very similar in setup and course content creation (I believe Schoology started from an old Moodle but don't quote me on this). 

In Schoology, there is a way to create weights and topics for the grading system. Even the distribution of the overall totals throughout the year is there. So for example: 

Let's say that assignments and assessments will be split up between quizzes, homework, and classwork with each having a weight of 15,10,10 respectfully. If my school has three terms, I can split the weight of the terms as I like. After all of this, I can then easily import all of this information to any of my other courses with the press of a button. The same can be done to rubrics and method of grading (A+, A , A- or numerical).

The question right now is: can I do this in the Moodle systems. I haven't been able to find a way yet.

(Sorry my post was long winded).