Testing and QA

Help needed with Moodle 3.5 QA testing

Picture of Helen Foster
Help needed with Moodle 3.5 QA testing
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Moodle 3.5 is scheduled for release on Monday 14 May, so we're running another Quality Assurance (QA) testing cycle, starting today: Moodle 3.5 QA testing. The list of over 560 tests includes tests covering new features and improvements in Moodle 3.5.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 3.5 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide and send me a message if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

As always, we're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests, so all help is much appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Slawomir Grefling
Odp: Help needed with Moodle 3.5 QA testing
Testers

Thx, Already on board. Wish you all GL and find as many bugs as it's possible smile

Picture of Luiggi Sansonetti
Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.5 QA testing
Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Yes !

Picture of Laurie Korte

big grin

Picture of Helen Foster
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Dear QA testers,

If you come across any display problem when running a test which may possibly be due to Moodle 3.5 using Bootstrap 4 stable, please check:

1. If the problem is the same or different in Clean and Boost
  2. If the problem is already reported in the epic MDL-62021

Picture of Richard Oelmann
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

I'm up!

Germán and temudgin
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Testing 3.5 in QA site was very nice when I realized there were so many languages available for me to choose while testing. I can now run a test in English and my home language too; and detect and fix any Moodle 3.5 translation error I might have overlooked.

One useful tip for QA tests that need a teacher role, followed by a student role, again a teacher and then a student, is having two different browser available (eg, firefox and chromium) and to have both browsers open and move between them very quickly. Having more than one monitor screen also helps a lot smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Moodle 3.5 QA testing update - 22% passed!

Thanks to Nathan, Laurie, Tia, Giridharan, Donna and Martha for your messages offering to help, and thanks to all our experienced testers for helping out in another QA cycle. After just one day, we already have 22% of tests passed and have found a good number of bugs for developers to investigate and fix. Great work everybody! smile

Please note that the page Moodle 3.5 QA Testing shows current QA cycle tests and also Moodle theme tests. Lots of theme bug fixes (as listed in MDL-62021) are due to be integrated soon, then the theme tests can be reset and run again.

Picture of S. kavita
Re: Moodle 3.5 QA testing update - 22% passed!
Particularly helpful MoodlersTesters

Hi Helen,

I have found one UI Boost theme issue while doing testing on QA testing site. I have checked it whether it has been reported on the tracker of theme testing, but i did not find it. So can I create one issue related to it?

Please let me know then I will create on the tracker of Moolde3.5 theme testing

Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Reporting a theme bug

Yes please, do create a new Moodle (MDL) issue. If it's only with the Boost theme that the problem shows, when you create the tracker issue you can give it the component 'Themes'.

Picture of S. kavita
Re: Reporting a theme bug

Ok thanks Helen. I have reported it with the screenshot.

Picture of Jean-Marc Doucet
Testers

Hi Helen

Ok for me smile

Picture of Vicke Denniston
Testers

Sign me up!

Picture of Alejandro Vásquez

Hi, Helen!

I found something while doing the test (A teacher can force students to answer questions in order) that I do not know if it should be considered an issue. I made this comment. Should I report it as a Moodle bug?

Picture of Helen Foster

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your comment in MDLQA-11900. You'll notice I added a comment asking Quiz maintainer Tim to clarify whether it is a bug or not. Hopefully he will respond soon.

My pleasure! smile

I already saw his response.

Hi, Helen!

I have noticed when doing some of the tests related to assignments on qa.moodle.net that the annotation pdf window does not show the text but when it comes to pdf files. It is not converting Word files, nor does it display online text. Is it a configuration problem, or is it deliberate for some test of the administrator role?

Picture of Helen Foster

Hi Alejandro,

For files such as Word and online text to be converted to pdf, either unoconv or the Google Drive converter need to be enabled on the site. Unfortunately currently neither are, so the QA testing site can't be used for running these assignment tests.

Okay, I was not sure if it was a bug, or something like that.

Thanks!