Open SCORM page directly after clicking, don't want to see the page with info and reports tab

Re: Open SCORM page directly after clicking, don't want to see the page with info and reports tab

by Edmund Evangelista -
Number of replies: 5

Thank you so much Floyd. It worked for students. This is what we wanted to achieve.

In reply to Edmund Evangelista

Re: Open SCORM page directly after clicking, don't want to see the page with info and reports tab

by Jeff Martin -

Hi 

I have used this setting to control the page so it is note displayed to students but I have now added the ability for guests to access the course without signing in and this flag does not appear to be used for guest accounts.

Is there anyway to go straight to the Scorm file for guests as well?

In reply to Jeff Martin

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Since, in general, guests are not able to access scorm content, even if they are allowed course access, no. Graded activities require a course role as far as I know.

Oh, and, side note, making the change described above prevents students from starting a new attempt, so it's pretty much one try only unless you force new attempts.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Jeff Martin -

Hi Thanks for responding

We use SCORM content for guests to allow them to preview courses (we remove graded activities from the course structure).

Using the "Switch role function" when I use the link as a guest I go to the "Course Description Page" where I then have to click <enter> but when I am am a student I jump the "Course Description Page" and automatically start the SCORM package.

I am not sure what your suggestion is - is there a way of configuring/setting the SCORM Activity as a non graded activity within Moodle?

Regards 

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Martin

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I really don't think so. I spent a chunk of time a while back trying to convince my installation to let guests (not logged in) view scorms. No love.  Dan M recommended IMS package...which also failed spectacularly.  I finally turned my tutorials into videos for guests instead of scorms.  And the one I did keep as a scorm is a site level tutorial but users must be logged in to view--of course everyone has a role on the front page (authenticated user), so I just fiddled the permissions to allow.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Jeff Martin -

Hi Melanie

Thankfully I am in full control of the entire Moodle site so no permission limits on my usage - I have got the SCORM files working fine for Guests that are not logged in it was simple.  The only complexity I face is the need for them guests to first go to a pre-screen and press enter.  I have fudged this by including an information message to guests on this pre-screen to make it look as if I wanted the screen there.  I am using Moodle 3.5.1+ (Build: 20180817)

It would be much cleaner with out -  I have a workshop next week on Moodle and will bring this up to see if there are any other thoughts from others more skilled than me.