Mathjax, tex notation filter and opaque question server

Mathjax, tex notation filter and opaque question server

by jonathan desaulniers -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

Im trying to use WEBWorK on Moodle through the use of the opaque question plugin. I have two issues :

1- Using a basic configuration of mathjax in combination with the tex notation filter the TEX used in Moodle works fine. We even installed the tikzpicture package and almost everything runs great. Problem is when we try to link a WeBWorK question through the opaque question plugin, the rendering of tex cause [Math] to appear instead of the TEX in the WeBWorK question (note that all the other TEX use directly in Moodle works fine). It appears that the [Math] problem is Mathjax not able to render the TEX fonts.

2- We were able to do a workaround for the first problem by using additonal HTML in mathjax and now the TEX in the WeBWorK question runs fine...but all the TEX function (like \begin{tikzpicture} ) doesn't work directly in Moodle! I can see it load quickly for a second but then it seems to reprocess and only the TEX code is left. It seem has if the tex notation filter isn't usable anymore and only mathjax does the rendering!!!!

Is there a way to use additional HTML configuration without droppin out all the rendering the tex notation filter did?

here is what i added in additional HTML :

<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">

MathJax.Hub.Config({

config: ["MMLorHTML.js"],

jax: ["input/TeX","input/MathML","output/HTML-CSS","output/NativeMML"],

extensions: ["tex2jax.js","mml2jax.js","MathMenu.js","MathZoom.js"],

tex2jax: {

inlineMath: [ ['$','$'] ],

displayMath: [ ["\\[","\\]"] ],

processEscapes: true }, 

TeX: { extensions: ["mhchem.js","AMScd.js","AMSmath.js","AMSsymbols.js","noErrors.js","noUndefined.js"]},

"HTML-CSS": { availableFonts: ["TeX"] },

styles: {".MathJax_Preview": {visibility: "hidden"}},

MathML: {     extensions: ["content-mathml.js"]  } ,

});

</script>

<script type="text/javascript"

src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.4/MathJax.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML">

</script>

Jonathan

Average of ratings: -