Integrate Moodle with Microsoft Active Directory with Default Settings of Moodle

Integrate Moodle with Microsoft Active Directory with Default Settings of Moodle

by Vishal Lanke -
Number of replies: 4

I am new to MS-AD. We have successfully set up Moodle for our organization. Last pending thing is MS-AD integration. I enabled LDAP .

/admin/settings.php?section=authsettingldap -> I only entered IP Address of the server. Rest all the things I keep default. I did not fill or change anything except IP Address field. I click on Test Setting. I can see message as LDAP connect successful.

However, when I execute scheduled task, I can see below error-

Execute scheduled task: LDAP users sync job (auth_ldap\task\sync_task)
... started 01:37:32. Current memory use 7.4MB.
Connecting to LDAP server...
Creating temporary table tmp_extuser
Did not get any users from LDAP -- error? -- exiting

Fatal error: Uncaught coding_exception: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: A lock was created but not released at: C:\Bitnami\moodle-3.4\apps\moodle\htdocs\lib\cronlib.php on line 279 Code should look like: $factory = \core\lock\lock_config::get_lock_factory('type'); $lock = $factory->get_lock(Resource id #604); $lock->release(); // Locks must ALWAYS be released like this. in C:\Bitnami\moodle-3.4\apps\moodle\htdocs\lib\classes\lock\lock.php:117 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: core\lock\lock->__destruct() #1 {main} thrown in C:\Bitnami\moodle-3.4\apps\moodle\htdocs\lib\classes\lock\lock.php on line 117

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vishal Lanke

Re: Integrate Moodle with Microsoft Active Directory with Default Settings of Moodle

by Pat McGrath -

Hello Vishal,

did you end up fixing this issue you were having? I am having a very similar one to what you describe.

-Thanks,

Patrick

Execute scheduled task: LDAP users sync job (auth_ldap\task\sync_task)
... started 16:01:54. Current memory use 9.2MB.
Connecting to LDAP server...
Creating temporary table tmp_extuser

Warning:  ldap_control_paged_result_response(): Result is: Referral (10) in C:\Apache24\htdocs\auth\ldap\auth.php on line 722

Did not get any users from LDAP -- error? -- exiting

Fatal error:  Uncaught coding_exception: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: A lock was created but not released at:
C:\Apache24\htdocs\lib\cronlib.php on line 279

Code should look like:

$factory = \core\lock\lock_config::get_lock_factory('type');
$lock = $factory->get_lock(Resource id #578);
$lock->release();  // Locks must ALWAYS be released like this.

in C:\Apache24\htdocs\lib\classes\lock\lock.php:117
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: core\lock\lock->__destruct()
#1 {main}
  thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\lib\classes\lock\lock.php on line 117

In reply to Pat McGrath

Re: Integrate Moodle with Microsoft Active Directory with Default Settings of Moodle

by Vishal Lanke -

Hi Pat,

The issue is not resolved. I tried below steps-

1. I keep all values empty and tried to sync.
  2. IT help desk  in our organization who set up AD also tried to enter OU Name, Binding User credentials on Moodle. Still, no luck.
  3. I wrote sample C# program to fetch OU and other properties from AD that Moodle required. Then, I enterd thsoe values on Moodle.
  4. I use LDAP.EXE and then BIND user to find out AD details
  5. We already have Office365 Subscription - Azure. So I created APP and enable Office (I forget the name) Authentication in Moodle. It also did not work.

I am still working on issue.

Regards,

Vishal

In reply to Pat McGrath

by Jerry Lau -

What are you trying to do or sync?

In reply to Jerry Lau

by Pat McGrath -

I'm trying to get the LDAP users sync job to run.