General developer forum

Opinions wanted: Exports with custom profile field data

Picture of Tim Schroeder
Opinions wanted: Exports with custom profile field data
Core developers

Hello everyone,

I'd like to be able to export custom profile field data in surveys. In order to do that, the core would have to be changed, it seems. I'd like to add this functionality to the core, but I'm not sure which way I should implement it.

There's already a setting "grade_export_customprofilefields" in which you can put a comma-separated list of custom profile field shortnames. These fields then get exported in grade reports. I need something like this, but for other plugins, e.g. mod_survey. My proposal would be to either:

1. Rename the setting "grade_export_customprofilefields" into "export_customprofilefields" so that it's okay for other plugins to use it as well.
  2. Have an analogous setting "survey_export_customprofilefields" etc. for each plugin.
Which solution do you think is better? Do you have another solution?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Tim Schroeder
Re: Opinions wanted: Exports with custom profile field data
Core developers

Hello again,

I'm no longer planning to make the changes mentioned above.

The reason for that is: The custom profile field I was talking about was the immatriculation number. In addition to exporting it in multiple plugins, it should now also be possible to import data again using this immatriculation number as the key. But since importing by custom profile fields is not possible anywhere yet (as far as I can see) we're now resorting to simply using the "idnumber" profile field for the immatriculation number.

Average of ratings: -