How can I manage recurring courses annually in Moodle?

Re: How can I manage recurring courses annually in Moodle?

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Here's a plugin I started to work on that might be what you are looking for:
https://moodle.org/plugins/local_recompletion

The version in github has a few more improvements that the version currently in the plugins db doesn't have and it's not quite what I'd call production ready but it's getting pretty close.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Sonja Cox -

Hello Dan,

That actually looks like something that might be of use to us. Could you please explain to me how I would go about testing it? Also, you stated that it is not yet ready for production; do you have any idea when it will be? 

In reply to Sonja Cox

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There are 2 main issues with it at the moment that prevent it from being useful in a production environment.

Clearing the activity grades is not using the Moodle api and is deleting directly from the database which means that the grade history is not retained.

Course backup/restore is not yet implemented.

I have a client that I think is about to fund some development time on this plugin so hopefully it will be in a better state in a couple of months but the best way to test plugins would be to have your own moodle test installation where you can install plugins and try them out. 

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Sonja Cox -
Hello Dan,

That is great news! If you have any more info or find out testing is available could you please let me know? I really appreciate your time. Our Company would love to start implementing courses on your website, and this is vital to our success. 

Best,

Sonja