General help

Picture of christopher perkins
How to make a moodle Website

How do i make a moodle website?  new to this

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Darren Smith
Re: How to make a moodle Website

Not quite sure what you mean exactly. We would need more information first smile

Have you downloaded and installed moodle on a webserver already?
What kinds of things are you hoping to achieve with your website?

Darren

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Gav Stone

Failing that, there are many web serving companies who will set it up for you, although you will have to pay the fees.  

Picture of Rob Wagner

We have a site, but are having trouble creating a hot pototo quiz

Picture of Sarah Baren

Do I need to make a website first before applying moodle? I am planning to make an Online examination site for our school. A big help please. Thank you smile

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello Sarah. You might like to start by taking a look at the Moodle FAQ here http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/About_Moodle_FAQ

Picture of Sanjay Singh

yes...u need a website first.I am also working on moodle in .net

My Dog

I wont to make a commpany one with a lot of nice stuff, because I have seen a lot of moodles like Kingsham moodle and all of that but how?  

Paula Hanger

Anyone willing to share the url for their Moodel website?

Judy

Hi, Paula

I'm not sure if this will help, but you are welcome to see one of the Moodle sites I have.  It is an informational site without a password:  www.weeklywriter.org/info

The purpose is to present information about The Weekly Writer Club in a Moodle format.

Picture of Lior Doron

Hi, I can help you put a course up on my website that has moodle... You can create an account on elearning.flowinsports.com and more information on flowinsports.com/coaches.html

Picture of Rick Jerz
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I am not sure exactly what you might be after, but have you tried the moodle test site at http://qa.moodle.net/?

Picture of Arvan Tangahu

http://qa.moodle.net/ is your moodle site? how can i find my  own moodle site.

i have downloaded and created moodle but i don't know wha my site is?

moi!!! it is what is is...
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
There is a lot of ways this can be answered, but I suggest that you may want to start with this question:

What do I want on my Moodle site?

Once you have got that, then perhaps you can find a way to configure Moodle to suit what you want.

I would suggest that you begin with developing an understanding of HTML and CSS. That way you will be able to work out what is going on with the styling of your site. In that you want to work out your own theme, I suggest you don't try at first, it is really complex, so suggest you take a theme and eventually adapt it to what you want.

The "Chameleon" theme is a good point to start, perhaps the best. The reason I suggest this is that it allows you to partly modify it to make it look different, in a relatively painless manner. Most themes are as clear as mud, but some, like "custom corners", while complicated, do allow you to reconfigure it a little, but not without some drama. (So be prepared to reinstall Moodle from time to time if you fiddle about too much.) I think both of these are native to Moodle 1.9.x so just change your theme until you find one you like.

You may want to look here first. There are a number of relevant questions and answers there. Cheers.

Picture of David Stone

me too

Sketch...

Picture of Rachel Benton

I am new 2

Picture of noodles tiger

Hi,To make a moodle website you can follow these three steps:

1)First choose your domain name.
2)Check the domain name is avaliabe or not.
3)Then register it through online providers .

Visit the site XnYnZ.com here you can register your domain name and get web hosting service at low cost from here itself.They are providing many content management services in that moodles is also one of that.Using that you can make your moodle website easily.