Collapsed topic colours [SOLVED]

Collapsed topic colours [SOLVED]

by Philippe Roth -
Number of replies: 8

Dear All,

I have a Moodle, v3.4, and I'm using the Fordson Theme. I just have found and installed the Collapsed Topics plugin and find it quite nice to use. Very good Job done, and thank you.

My question is if it is possible to keep the same colour on the topics as shown in the picture below, when using the Collapsed Plugin? When the plugin is activated, the main topic's colour is changed and replace by the description colour... Also, is it possible to change the text colour? I know how to change alignement ;o)

Picture1 is without the plugin, using the Fordson Theme only.

Picture2 is the same topic, when using the plugin.

I have found this discussion https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=259785 but it is not related to v3.4.

Also, I cannot modify any file on the server...

Many thanks in advance for your kind help and have a good weekend,
Philippe

(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - original submission Friday, 20 April 2018, 1:22 PM) - Solved in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=369677 - please do not add to this thread but consider it closed - moderator.

Attachment Picture1.PNG
Attachment picture2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Roth

Re: Collapsed topic colours

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Philippe,

You can change the toggle colours (background and text) in the course settings.  The defaults are set at site level and existing courses can be reset to them with the reset functionality in the course settings.  Looking at https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=259785 it will probably still work as I've not removed the id on the toggle if you want different colours per toggle.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Philippe Roth -

Dear Gareth,

Thank you very much for the very quick reply smile

I have tried in the course settings, but I can only change the text colours, nothing about the toggle colour is changed.

Picture 1 is the result I have on the course now.

Picture 2 are in the settings of the course... Colours are just for testing...

I have just modified the opacity, but it was just for testing...

Many thanks again,
Phil

Attachment PICTURE1.PNG
Attachment PICTURE2.PNG

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Phil,

Ok, if a colour is not being applied then could be a theme conflict.  See if it works in other themes like 'Clean'.

G

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Philippe Roth -

Hello Gareth,

Effectively, it works with other themes... even eguru...

Do you know if there is any other possibilities, using the Fordson theme? Maybe with the description on the link provided above, but I cannot see how I could force Moodle to keep the code in Moodle v3.4

<style>
#toggle-1 {background-color: red; }
#toggle-2 {background-color: green; }
#toggle-3 {background-color: blue; }
</style>

But maybe it's not going to work neither... I'm going to check the settings I can change in Fordson, and let you know.

Thanks for your replies,
Phil

by Philippe Roth -

Hello,

OK, finally, I created a new post in the Themes discussion... Lets see...

Many thanks again for your support,
Phil

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Phil,

Use the Toggle ID like you did in your previous comment above but add the !important after the color.

but without tge <style></style> tags

Example:

#toggle-1 { background-color: red !important; }

#toggle-2 { background-color: green !important; }

#toggle-3 { background-color: blue !important; }

You can add this CSS to the  Raw SCSS setting at the bottom of the Fordson color settings page

Hope this helps?

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: Collapsed topic colours [SOLVED]

by Philippe Roth -

Dear Gareth, Mary and Chris,

Thank you soooo much for your very kind and useful support.

I have been able to make it work exactly as I wanted.

I have used the preset from Chris, and modified the colours in the plugin from Gareth. It works perfectly, see the picture below.

Mary, I have tried the code, and it is absolutely useful. It could help on highlighting some very important topics in the course.

I just have a comment: Would it be possible to have the preset from Chris available by default in the theme, with a kind of "warning" like: In case you use the Collapsed Topics plugin? Or maybe, the preset available on the theme's description in Moodle.org with the same explanation?

And also, a same kind of warning on the Collapsed Topics plugin description page on Moodle.org, saying "in case you use the Fordson theme, use the preset available here" and a link to the file.

I think that would help future users.

Anyway, all is excellent. I really appreciate your support.

You helped me become a Happy Moodler ;o)

Happy Phil

Attachment 0425-1Capture.PNG