cannot add a text page or web page, please help

cannot add a text page or web page, please help

by Nad Nouicer -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

II already asked for help but did not get any answer, Please 

I am in a lesson and I am  trying to "add a resource" like a compose text page or web page... but it is not working . The message I am getting is  "This module type doesn't exist" continue...

The only resource  I can add is "insert a lable"

Note: When I click on help the messgae is saying "Help file "resourcetypes.html" could not be found!"

I am using Moodle 1.6

Please, can anyone help, Happy new year to everybody. Thanks

Nad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nad Nouicer

Re: cannot add a text page or web page, please help

by Steve Hyndman -

Your problem is using Moodle 1.6.....that is still being developed and shouldn't be used for anything other than testing and development. You should install 1.5.3 for a site that you plan to use and wait until 1.6 is complete and stable before trying to use it.

Here is the information provided on the download page about 1.6:

"The 1.6 development version will become fairly unstable now as many new features start being added. Recommended for developers or daredevils only. Do not use for production sites unless you really know what you are doing."

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Nad Nouicer -

Thanks Steve for responding

The reason I installed 1.6 is to have ONEsmile feature  --to force students to "finish a lesson before going to the next one". Can you please tell me how to have that feature on 1.5 version?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Nad

In reply to Nad Nouicer

by Steve Hyndman -

Nad,

I don't use the lesson module so I can't tell you much about its functionality...someone else may be able to tell you if this exist in 1.5. Regardless, you really can't operate a production site with 1.6 at the moment...not sure what the expected release date is. I would suggest sticking with 1.5 until 1.6 is released as stable.

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Erik Ringmar -
Hi Nad,

Couldn't you in the meantime set the timer function of the next lesson so that it won't be available until a certain time.  I've done that for the course that's running at present -- requiring students to finish one exercise in a week and opening up the second exercise once they are done.

Might work.

Erik