Help needed with Moodle 3.5 Boost theme testing

Help needed with Moodle 3.5 Boost theme testing

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 13
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello everyone,

You may have heard that Moodle 3.5 will use Bootstrap 4 stable (rather than alpha). MDL-56511 has just been integrated and so we now need to check all over Moodle 3.5 dev for possible display problems when using the Boost theme.

If you have time, and would like to help with theme testing, please choose a test from the list of subtasks of MDLQA-11628 and click the 'Assign to me' link. Our QA testing site can be used to run the tests.

The tests work the same way as regular QA tests (as described in the QA testing guide). If you've not helped with QA testing before and would like to be involved, please send me a message and I'll add you to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.5 Boost theme testing

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Helen,
among those tests, I cannot find the most suitable one to mention that it is not possible to scroll down the languages drop down in the custom menu. Not sure if related w/ BS4.

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've also seen this one on the QA site some hours ago, and not reported yet. I'll let you do it.

Séverin

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matteo,

Don't worry about finding a suitable test to mention the problem you noticed. Please feel free to just create an MDL issue for it.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Lisa Caines -
Picture of Testers

I'll assist with the theme testing. 

In reply to Helen Foster

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Helen

there is only these test or it's just an appetizer tongueout

In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

by Helen Foster -

Thanks to everyone who has helped with theme testing. It seems we've discovered quite a few display problems which is good, as the sooner they're reported, the sooner they can be fixed! wink

Luiggi, there are only 33 theme tests covering most areas of Moodle, however don't worry - there will be 500+ QA tests in the 3.5 QA cycle.

Also, anyone is welcome to browse around the QA testing site generally and create an MDL issue for any display problems they come across. It's very helpful if you can also check how something looks on the Moodle sandbox demo site (running Moodle 3.4.2) to determine whether the problem is actually caused by Bootstrap 4 stable changes.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Helen Foster -

Thanks again to everyone who has helped with theme testing. All theme tests have now been run, so hopefully the issues identified can be easily fixed, then we can start the 3.5 QA cycle. Please stay tuned!

In reply to Helen Foster

Moodle 3.5 Boost theme testing update

by Helen Foster -

Update: All problems identified from our Boost theme testing are reported as MDL issues and are listed in the epic MDL-62021. Our Bootstrap 4 expert Bas is doing a great job of providing fixes for the issues. smile Once the fixes are integrated, any failed tests can be reset and run again.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 3.5 Boost theme testing update

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is the nightly version fixed and what will be released?  I'm having an issue with the fordson child theme returning no styles.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: continuous integration period and the release schedule

by Helen Foster -

Hi Chris,

We're now in a continuous integration period, which means the integration team aim to make releases twice a week (on Tuesday and Friday) containing all the latest fixes for any QA test failures etc. For more details, please see the section 'During continuous integration/Freeze/QA period' in the dev doc Integration Review.

Thus, the next release should be tomorrow before 17:00 GMT.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jean-Roch Meurisse -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Helen,

I'm currently upgrading my local theme that is a child theme of Boost. I noticed that legacy hidden-* css classes are still present in two boost templates. There is no compatibility rules in bs4alphcompat.scss file for these legacy classes. They thus should be changed:

file columns2.mustache line 85 : change "hidden-print" with "d-print-none"

file footer.mustache line 31 : change "hidden-lg-up" with "d-lg-none"

Regards

In reply to Jean-Roch Meurisse

by Bas Brands -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

Hi Jean-Roch,

Thanks for reporting this, it is a know error which is fixed in MDL-62322

Cheers,

Bas