GDPR Plugins - some questions

Re: GDPR Plugins - some questions

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Conn,

Do you have CLI access to your site? There are two CLI scripts here that you can put in your site root directory and use to see if your site is having problems as it reports on all the plugins. For simplicity and ease of typing the name I named mine p1.php and p2.php. In a terminal window, navigate to your mooderootdirectory, then enter, php p1.php, or enter, php p2.php, to execute the scripts.

The first script can check for meta data on a single plugin, or all of them, depending on what you do, or not do, in line 4. If it encounters errors, it will print them out in the terminal window.

The second script, by default, exports all the data for admin, user 2. The data winds up in .../yourmodledatafolder/temp/privacy/longunreadlefoldername/then a bunch of folders logically organized.

The second script; can easily be altered in line 7, to export the data for any user, by changing  the userid from 2, to any other user id, such as the one that you still show as "processing." Maybe the two of them will help you pinpoint what is giving you problems.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by shinji yamazaki -

Hello

I have been using moodle 3.5 since yesterday to confirm the behavior of GDPR.

I sent a data request to be deleted and approved, but after cron it got back  'Awaiting approval' status.

Is there any missing setting?

I ran the two php you indicated, but it did not solve the problem.

In reply to shinji yamazaki

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hell shinji yamazaki,

If it is awaiting approval then it means that the Data Protection Officer must approve the request.

After logging in as a user who is a DPO, you can navigate to Site administration > Users > Data requests, then open the Actions menu for that user and choose Approve request.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Lyons

by shinji yamazaki -

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your help.

I have already tried it.

My problem is that cron will return the status to 'Awaiting approval'.

The procedure I tried is as follows.

• A normal user sends a deletion request to DPO.
  • Run cron.
  • Select 'Approve request' from 'Actions' on the 'Data requests' screen.
  • Click 'Approve request' on the popup.
  • Confirm that the status changed to 'Approved'.
  • Run cron again.

Then the status returns to 'Awaiting approval'.

Is my procedure incorrect?

In reply to shinji yamazaki

by shinji yamazaki -

Hi

I understood what was the problem.

cron has generated a segmentation fault in the middle of processing and has ended.

The occurrence is in the processing of core_text::encode_mimeheader called by the encodeHeader function of moodle_phpmailer.php.

iconv hangs when converting from UTF-8 to ASCII in core_text::convert.

(I am using Japanese.)

The environment in which the problem occurred is as follows.

Moodle 3.5+

PHP 7.2.1

iconv 1.14

When cron works correctly, the status is "complete".

I hope that someone's help.

In reply to Andrew Lyons

by Jayden Tyronian -

With our 3.5 site which is hosted online (but installed by us), I can see the requests, but they sit in pending.  I'd have thought cron should be running automatically (and certainly seems like it via scheduled tasks).  however I've run cron manually for the sake of checking and a couple of requests are now pre-processing but don't do anything more and two other requests still still as pending.

Shouldn't this process run automatically?  And even with a manual push why would it now get stuck?

In reply to AL Rachels

by shinji yamazaki -

Hello

I checked the behavior of the program I implemented using the script on the utility page.

(https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Privacy_API/Utilities)

In the Test of deleting user data, I confirmed that data can be deleted without problems.

However, when actually deleting a user's deletion request from Moodle and trying it, the data was not deleted.

The status on the data request screen was "Complete". (admin/tool/dataprivacy/datarequests.php)

After confirming the process, "delete_data_for_user" function of my plugin that was not called.

mod_quiz plugin as well.

Do I need to set something to delete user data?