I want to display different course start and end date for each group in calendar, enrollment email.
If Group 1 user logs in then date range 01st May 2018 - 10th May 2018
If Group 2 user logs in then date range 02nd May 2018 - 06th May 2018
If Group 3 user logs in then date range 21st April 2018 - 30th April 2018
I don't want to create separate course for each group.
Thanks for your input.
Can we implement this same in Cohort Sync enrollment.
Agree with Darko, that is a pretty interesting idea...it might be possible, but a lot of work (assuming you have a lot of people/cohorts). I know you can restrict on group settings and profile fields but I haven't seen any restriction options for cohorts specifically. You could create the groups and, when you create the cohort sync enrollment to the course, make sure to assign the cohort to the group. Then the restriction would be simple.
Can you help me with the steps for setting group based restrictions.
Step 1: Create your course
Step 2: Create your groups (Administration->Users->Groups OR, in Boost, Participants->Edit widget->Groups). Choose if you want to use an group enrollment key for self enrollment or if you plan to enroll people and group them manually or with a cohort.
Step 3: Create your Activity (Don't Save)
Step 4: Open Restrict Access in Activity settings.
- Click Add restriction and select Group. If you have several groups that should have access (Groups A, B and C can do Activity A; Group A and D can do Activity B and Groups B and C do Activity C...), you should start with Restriction Set instead of Group.
- Add as many groups to the set as you need. and make sure to choose the Student Must/Must not match Any/All. Any means anyone with one of these conditions. All means anyone with all these conditions.
- Select the group you want to have (or not have access) in the drop down.
- Choose between Student Must or Student Must not.
- Click the eye next to the condition if you want the activity hidden from anyone who does not meet that condition.
Step 6 (if you are doing the enrolling): Enroll people, make sure they are properly grouped. If you do manual enrollment, the group additions will have to be done separately. If you use cohort enrollment, make sure to choose the group you want the cohort added to.
I tried with this steps, but the problem is restriction set will be displayed to all the participants.