Step 1: Create your course
Step 2: Create your groups (Administration->Users->Groups OR, in Boost, Participants->Edit widget->Groups). Choose if you want to use an group enrollment key for self enrollment or if you plan to enroll people and group them manually or with a cohort.
Step 3: Create your Activity (Don't Save)
Step 4: Open Restrict Access in Activity settings.
- Click Add restriction and select Group. If you have several groups that should have access (Groups A, B and C
can do Activity A; Group A and D can do Activity B and Groups B and C do
Activity C...), you should start with Restriction Set instead of Group.
- Add as many groups to the set as you need. and make sure to
choose the Student Must/Must not match Any/All. Any means anyone with
one of these conditions. All means anyone with all these conditions.
- Select the group you want to have (or not have access) in the drop down.
- Choose between Student Must or Student Must not.
- Click the eye next to the condition if you want the activity hidden from anyone who does not meet that condition.
Step 5: Save.
Step 6 (if you are doing the enrolling): Enroll people, make sure they are properly grouped. If you do manual enrollment, the group additions will have to be done separately. If you use cohort enrollment, make sure to choose the group you want the cohort added to.