Matching question type - puzzle style

Matching question type - puzzle style

by Louise Aldridge -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

I am trying to find a puzzle style matching question type but I cannot seem to find this in the standard Moodle quiz or in any of the inclusive 3 party tools with H5P hub.

This question style is something I have used before with Articulate quizmaker and have seen in a demo of iSpring Suite 8 (very similar to Artculate quizmaker). I have attached a screenshot of what I am trying to find.

We are using 3.3 at the moment but are due to upgrade to 3.4 in May/June.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Louise

Attachment Matching question type.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Louise Aldridge

Re: Matching question type - puzzle style

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Louise,

Have you looked at Drag-and-Drop Matching question type? I think this is functionally equivalent to what you are asking, but without the puzzle decorations. If you have someone to do custom theme work, it could likely be made to look like puzzle pieces using a style sheet or minor changes to the renderer.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Thies

Re: Matching question type - puzzle style

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Thanks,

If somebody do a custom work to improve the display of the ddmatch question type, I think it would be a good idea to let DualCube Team (new maintainer since I retired) know about it so that they can judge if it could be included in the plugin.

That display may seems as a detail but we all know that improving the "fun" to answer questions  may also increase the student's motivation !

Average of ratings: Useful (1)