Calendar issues

Calendar issues

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In the current release of Face-to-face (tested in Moodle 3.3 and 3.4) when configuring an instance you have the choice to set the Calendar display settings to Site, Course, or None. In earlier versions of Face-to-face Site added it as a global event and course as course event and none didn't add it to the calendar at all. 

In the current version both Site and Course options appear to add it a course event, so you can't add a face-to-face session to the calendar as a global event at all. This requires users to be enrolled in the course to ever see the session. 

In earlier versions you could use Face-to-face as a way to advertise courses via the calendar and drive enrollments. 

Anyone else seeing this? If so, have you found a solution? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

Re: Calendar issues

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

So that explains what happened. I recently updated the plugin and, when I went to demo to the client today, I could not get it to display in the calendar at all. However it had no problem displaying previously created face-to-face sessions in the site calendar if I changed their date. Weird.

Michael

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

Re: Calendar issues

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No solution yet but has been reported as a bug. See https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-mod_facetoface/issues/26

Have you made any progress?