Grid Format Plugin Not working

Grid Format Plugin Not working

by Kassie Phillips -
Number of replies: 4

I am having issues with the Grid Course format. IT installed the plugin for me but it does not seem to be functioning correctly.
When selecting the Grid Format in Course Admin Edit Settings, it wont save or save and display (stays on the same page). I have ensured all mandatory fields have been filled in and have tried changing a number of the non mandatory options to see if it made any difference, which it did not. (Does not work in exiting courses or in trying to create new courses.)
I am using:
Grid Format Download - Release 3.0.1.2 Moodle 3.0
Moodle Version: Moodle 3.1.5+ (Build: 20170316)

Is the plug-in version and Moodle version not compatible? or Could it be an issue with the plug-in and customized Theme,  Vslate Two?

I haven't spoken with IT yet as I don't think they'll actually be able to assist (new to Moodle world) and I am reticent to speak with the developers of our theme, if its something simple we can fix on our side, as they'll probably charge.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kassie Phillips

Re: Grid Format Plugin Not working

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Kassie,

Why are you using the Moodle 3.0 version on Moodle 3.1 when the Readme.md file states: "This version works with Moodle version 2015111600.00 3.0 (Build: 20151116) and above within the 3.0 branch until the next release."?

Please use the version for Moodle 3.1: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=12747. As you can clearly see the list of versions per Moodle version here: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=format_grid.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Kassie Phillips -

Thanks for the link Gareth, I will ask them to install that version.

Thank you.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Kassie Phillips -

Apologies, they are using that version. Is there anything else I could look at that may be causing the issue?

Attachment Grid Format.PNG