Exporting lists of some user and course information from Moodle

Exporting lists of some user and course information from Moodle

by Ted O'Neill -
Number of replies: 2
Hi All,

I hope someone can help. I am on Moodle 3.4.

I would like to export some lists as .csv if possible. Over time, some courses, users, and cohorts have been set up manually and or there have been changes manually. I want to get these all rationalized and have the data handy in Excel.

So, for example, I would like to go to each cohort and export a list of the users in that Cohort. If the cohort is small you can copy and paste, but if it is large it will not all display.

Next, I would like to get a list of all courses with fullname, shortname, category, and ID number. And if the other settings such as start date and end date and description could be included as a bonus that would be even better.

We don't have that many courses, but I'd like to get an export to make it easier, but also to make it more accurate. Getting things manually will result in errors.

I do not have phpmyadmin or direct access to the server and database.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

Ted
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ted O'Neill

Re: Exporting lists of some user and course information from Moodle

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

For users in the cohort you can use Bulk user action which you will find under :

Site administration > Users >Accounts > Bulk user action.

From the filter select the Cohort id. Enter the id of the cohort and filter the result. Now filtered data list add to selection and from "With selected user" drop-down select "Download". Finally download the data in csv format.

For course I think any plugins might help

In reply to S. kavita

Re: Exporting lists of some user and course information from Moodle

by Ted O'Neill -
Hi, Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I cannot install any plugins. Bat at least I can now get the cohort data to clean that up and check it against other lists.