How to Auto-Link

How to Auto-Link

by Sherry Manison -
Number of replies: 1

I've followed the directions:

How can I turn on glossary auto-linking?

1. The glossary auto-linking filter should be enabled by an administrator in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters.
  2. Each glossary entry should have the "This entry should be automatically linked" box checked.

This is outdated already, because I didn't have to go through "Plugins" to get to "Filters," and there is no "Manage filters" anymore.  So I'm kind of working blind, as the directions are not up to date.

I have changed the filter to "yes," and have the single entry turned on for auto-linking, but it's not linking to that word in eClass.  I see no hyperlinks.  I've done two steps.  There has to be a third step.  What's the third step?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sherry Manison

Re: How to Auto-Link

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Sherry. The first instruction is for Site admins to make sure glossary autolinking is available throughout your site, so you probably didn't see it as you are only working in a course. The glossary instructions are in the documentation on Glossary activity and there is also a video you can check in the documentation page Filters

However, if you feel you have done everything correctly, then one thing to try is to go back into a glossary entry and edit it - even if it's just a tiny edit, or simply open it up and then resave it. Sometimes that 'kicks in' the auto linking.

I'm sorry I don't know what eClass is - but I presume it is standard Moodle.