H5P Broken Questions don't appear when changing tabs

H5P Broken Questions don't appear when changing tabs

by TheMangaStand TheMangaStand -
Number of replies: 4

H5P completely stops functioning when you move to another browser or just away from the current tab.

Lot of our students obviously are going to listen to this in the background while on Facebook, that's just the reality of people including myself if I was taking these courses.

So if anyone moves away from the tab and the video hits a question. It will pause and no question will be displayed when the user goes back to see why it paused. So they will just play the play button and rinse and repeat until the video ends. This makes h5p extremely frustrating to use as a video question platform.

Is there any setting that needs to be changed to work around this?

Thank you so much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to TheMangaStand TheMangaStand

Re: H5P Broken Questions don't appear when changing tabs

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi!

I just tried to reproduce your issue on all the major browsers, but I couldn't. The videos stops and shows interactions just fine even if I am browsing i a different tab.

Could you please describe your system (operating system + browser + host (moodle, drupar or WordPress) including version numbers each)?

Best,
Oliver

In reply to Oliver Tacke

This happens with all our clients and all our laptops.

We are using moodle 3.3, browser is firefox. Though I am pretty sure this also happens on chrome. Operating system is windows 10. Firefox and windows are up to date.

I have tested more and it seems to be caused by specifically moving to another tab and being in that tab while a question shows up. It'll pause the video but when you go back to look at it the question doesn't show up.

Sorry for the later response.

In reply to Oliver Tacke

Actually I have more data. This does not happen on all of our courses. So maybe there is a settings that messes this up all for one of my courses that doesn't have that setting but all my other courses do. I'll have to investigate I will see shortly.

Edit: Nevermind. The one that was working now all of a sudden did not work when switching tabs.

In reply to TheMangaStand TheMangaStand

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi there!

I only have moodle 3.4 at my disposal, but anyway: I couldn't reproduce the issue. I used the latest version of Firefox and Chrome, tried interactions in button and in poster mode.

Maybe there's someone in the community who could have a look on a moodle 3.3 system and rule out that another plugin is causing the issue?

Best,
Oliver