Weird Custom Certificate behavior between two sites--3.31

Weird Custom Certificate behavior between two sites--3.31

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I manage two Moodle sites.  They are the same version, same theme, effectively identical...in fact, the weird behavior is the same course, just in two places.  I've lined up every setting I can think of and they're identical.

I built the course in Instance 1 and did setup.  I downloaded the backup and restored it to Instance 2.

I neglected to consider that using course completion as a restriction was important if I built my certificate to print the course completion date rather than current date.  So now I'm cleaning it up.

Instance 2, I added course completion to the restrict access  area and it's fine. Instance 1 (the original) doesn't even give the option to add course completion to the restrict access area.  Course completion is enabled in both courses and criteria (identical) is set.  The course completion block works fine in both.  But Instance 1 refuses to restrict access for course completion.  WHY!?!?!

The only difference I can think of is that I'm a student as well as an admin in Instance 1.  But that shouldn't be an issue.  Any thoughts?

There is another sub-weird thing going on...Instance 1 emails certificates (240 enrolled users, 71 have not completed with 151 emailed certs--there are two or three of us it might not email because of permissions...but still a substantial number) but Instance 2 only does so once in a while (48 enrolled users,  12 have not completions but only 16 emailed/downloadable certs--that's less than half).  Thoughts?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Weird Custom Certificate behavior between two sites--3.31

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

And the answer:  Because course completion restrictions are a special third party plugin.  A super helpful, fabulous plugin.

And the sub issue:  Completion does not require the feedback...but the certificate does.  smile  I'm mean that way, apparently.