icons, not drop-down menus for editing resources

icons, not drop-down menus for editing resources

by Garth Brady -
Number of replies: 5

We upgraded Moodle and no longer see quick edit icons for resources...  In their place is a drop-down now stands.  How do I get back the quick edit icons?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Garth Brady

Re: icons, not drop-down menus for editing resources

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There might be some themes that still use them but Moodle has moved away from the icons.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Garth Brady -

Thanks for the note.

What was the reasoning for moving away from the icons?  It was fewer clicks to get things done (duplicate, indent, delete, edit...).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Garth Brady

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I believe the overall opinion was that it was a cleaner looking interface...I don't mind the activity icons dropdowns so much - I really dislike the course settings one...hence my move to the Fordson theme!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Garth Brady -

I understand what you mean.  I use Adaptable for the very same reason.

In reply to Garth Brady

by Brian Pool -

Is there a current theme that still uses the Activity editing icons?  My staff really liked those and the ability to turn them back on seems to have left somewhere between 3.1 and 3.5...unless I am missing something.

Brian