"Submissions closed" all assignments in course

"Submissions closed" all assignments in course

by Chris Loweth -
Number of replies: 1
We're running 2.7.20 and have come across a support call from one of our staff members who is receiving "Submissions closed" on all the assignments on one of their courses.

Weird.

I, as a system administrator, have tried to create a test assignment in the problem course - and ensured the deadline and cutoff dates are UNTICKED - and the same symptoms persist.

Oddly, when I click "View/grade all submissions" this, too, shows the same error message - for all the assignments on the problem course.

I've compared all the settings and permissions with a working course in the very same category, and all match (i.e. are correct).

My computer and the staff computers are different workstations so I should assume this would rule out browser/caching issues. We also run a load balancer, but I have ruled this out by changing my hosts file and verifying which webserver I am using (even tried the other web servers on the load balancer) - this still results in the error.

The strangest portion of this problem is that it's happening to all the assignments on this course.

I can't see any specific permissions or any that are different to the working course. i am a system administrator and can't even get "View/grade all submissions" working... something's really not quite right...

Can anyone offer any advice/help?

Thank you,

Chris
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Loweth

Re: "Submissions closed" all assignments in course

by Chris Loweth -

Please can this post be removed. I can no longer edit it and have realised there is a category for the assignment activity. thank you and sorry!