artiuclate storyline 2 scorm 1.2 file set to passed/incomplete

artiuclate storyline 2 scorm 1.2 file set to passed/incomplete

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 2

My moodle LMS is set to 3 attempts. Can anyone advise me if setting the scorm file to passed/incomplete would lead to the users account recording more than one attempt when they log in and out of the moodle site please ? 

" When a SCORM sets the cmi.core.lesson_status value to 'completed', 'passed' or 'failed' then Moodle allows the user to create a new attempt by adding a Start new attempt checkbox to the entry page. If cmi.core.lesson_status is set to 'incomplete', 'browsed' or 'notattempted' the learner can only re-enter the existing attempt. If you are using the setting 'Student skip content structure page', this checkbox will never be shown to the user. "

I read the above in the FAQ's , I think I may have my scorm setting, set incorrectly, I think I should have it set to pass /fail , is that correct ?

Also would this setting in the scorm file also affect saving of work or is that a function of moodle ? What settings do I need in moddle to save work correctly ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: artiuclate storyline 2 scorm 1.2 file set to passed/incomplete

by altan ahmet -

Further useful information :

see screenshot for scorm attempts management configuration

Track using quiz result slide in scorm file

version : Moodle 3.1.6 (Build: 20170508)

Having looked at the reports for the user, I can see the client passed the exam on 26 /03 and then attempted to complete again on 2 further occasions on 27/03 the latter 2 are marked as incomplete

Having got this further update from the client, I think this clarifies what is happening to some extent. The user is allowed 3 attempts, with the highest mark being used in the certificate, is that correct ( see screenshot )  ? 

The user passed the first time, logged out and then logged back in from the beginning, that 2nd attempt was marked as an incomplete attempt when they logged out and logged back in again, but why would that be ?

Is there a configuration permitted to allow only further attempts when they fail rather than trying to get the best mark ? 

Attachment scorm attempts management.jpg
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: articulate storyline 2 scorm 1.2 file set to passed/incomplete

by altan ahmet -

Just some further information, screenshot of affected users account below. The user has passed the exam on the first attempt, and then proceeded to try and get a higher mark, but it looks like they have logged out , logged back in for the 2 nd attempt, logged out again and then logged back in with a 3rd attempt being recorded. 

Having reference to the instructions below I did note in my original set up that the course structure page was not enabled, so the user could not click a checkbox to start a new attempt, would this be the reason that the user was getting the this issue on attempt status ?

" Number of attempts

Defines the number of attempts permitted to users. It works only with SCORM 1.2 and AICC packages. SCORM2004 has its own max attempts definition.

• The option to start a new attempt is provided by a checkbox above the Enter button on the content structure page, so be sure you're providing access to that page if you want to allow more than one attempt.
    • An attempt is not complete until the cmi.core.lesson_status for the attempt is set to either 'completed' or 'passed'. After that, the Start new attempt checkbox is available to the learner."

" Display course structure on entry page

If this is enabled then the table of contents of the package will be displayed when the students clicks to access the package."

Attachment users account 1 successful attempt 2 incomplete.png