Course end date via External database enrolment

Course end date via External database enrolment

by Chris Canning -
Number of replies: 2

Hi folks,

I currently run course and student enrolments on 3.2 via mysqli with the external database plugin.

At the moment , the default fields for course import are:

• Course full name
  • short name
  • Course ID 
  • Category

What I really want is way to import the course end date from the our external database into the course end date field on Moodle. Is there anyway to put this into practice? If not, what would be the easiest way to upload this data in bulk?

Thanks all,

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Canning

Re: Course end date via External database enrolment

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Chris!

I think at the moment it's not possible to get this information directly from the external database enrolment plugin. But maybe you could use the "upload courses" tool for adding this information: https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Upload_courses#Short_file_example

After creating the courses with the external database plugin, you can prepare a CSV file with all the mandatory fields and the "enddate" column and use the "Only update existing courses" upload mode. Important: before doing this, make sure the information on the CSV is correct (to avoid overwrite wrong courses).

Hope this helps!

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

Re: Course end date via External database enrolment

by Chris Canning -

Hi Sara

Thank you for the reply and link. I wasn't able to find a work around using the external database module plugin either. I'm trying to get the relevant data from our MIS system into Moodle using the most automated route possible. Manual CSV upload isn't really a route we want to go down. We run courses that start all the way through the year, so we'd have to do this on a nearly daily basis.

Thanks again smile

Chris