Query about consultancy rates in the UK

Query about consultancy rates in the UK

by Mari Cruz García -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Apologies if this is not the right forum, but I don´t know anybody who can advise me on that.

There is some possibility of doing some consultancy work as digital education consultant in HE in the UK and I have been asked how much I would charge per day.

I don´t want to charge too much as I prefer to work in something I enjoy. However, I don´t want to charge too low.

I have 10 years of experience working as educational technologist in HE and the work involves project management.

I understand that I have to include my NI contributions as self-employed and holidays in the rate.

Any advice from other digital education consultants in the UK would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Mari Cruz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mari Cruz García

Re: Query about consultancy rates in the UK

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Add a third to your current full time salary (to account for costs)  and divide by 250 (roughly the number of working days in a year). That's the daily rate you need to charge to make the same income, approximately. 

Not all consultancy is charged on an hourly basis, so do be prepared to be flexible.