Interesting behaviour in Formulas question type

Re: Interesting behaviour in Formulas question type

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Number of replies: 0

This bug was troublesome. If I had known that it could have been fixed so quickly, I would have reported it a long time ago.

Unfortunately such reports, questions and suggestions all too often fall into silent nothingness and you end up giving up participating. You find a work-around, no matter how lousy, thinking it is better than nothing. triste I understand that resources are limited because too many programmers stay clear of mathematics. They go where the jobs are: video games, publicity and the like. Nevertheless, it could be a good idea to put in place a system where each new topic in the forums gets acknowledged and considered.

Unfortunately I don't have a good solution to this problem

• The most obvious answer would be to open a new issue in the Tracker because I automatically get a mail waring me and the issue is here until I close it so it can't be forgotten. But I have found that creating a new tracker issue is not evident and easy for people when it's the first time they do it, so in fact very few tracker issues are created for third party Moodle plugins (If you look at the tracker you will see that most Tracker issues for the formulas question type were in fact created by me !)
  • In the majority of cases the bug is in fact discovered in a forum thread, but the problem is that if I miss the thread I don't see the problem and it is quite time consuming for me to monitor the quiz forum to see if something may be related to one of my contributed plugins. Not to mention it is a lot less fun now to read the Moodle forum given I don't have a Moodle site and can't use my plugins with students since I retired. Also as soon as the weather is fine it is a lot more fun to take my Catrike speed and go to the beach or cycle in the country than sitting in front of my computer big grin .