Error while installing web server or database on different machine

Error while installing web server or database on different machine

by Vishal Vig -
Number of replies: 3

I want to installed web server and database on different  (Web Server-172.16.1.99 ) and (Database-172.16.1.98:8001) now i want to install moodle 3.4.2+. After providing database host name 172.16.1.98:8001 instead of localhost because database i want to be on different machine. I'm using MySql and xampp is installed on machines. 

instalation screen get blank after clicking on next...and noting happen next

plz give me solution i want web server or database to be installed on different machine.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vishal Vig

Re: Error while installing web server or database on different machine

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why is MySQL running on a non-standard port (you're using 8001, default is 3306)? Is that open in your firewall / SuLinux etc.?

Have you set up the grant permissions in MySQL properly. It's easy to get wrong.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Vishal Vig -

No my Apache is running on 8001 port. MySQL port is default 3306.

In reply to Vishal Vig

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well - mysql doesn't use the HTTP port. Take out the :8001 from your grant commands (assuming that's what you did) and you should be fine.