Session not passing to popup window

Session not passing to popup window

by Don Schwartz -
Number of replies: 2

Environment: Bitnami Moodle Stack, EC2, Moodle 3.4.2, HTTPS

No additional caching or changes made to Bitnami stack other than moodledata permissions which had bitnami:daemon and I changed it to bitnami:bitnami. Bitnami is the equivalent of root on their stacks

Logged in user clicks to view a popup video player that pulls from a file system repo. Local, not alias

Works perfect until we return the next day, login fine and perform other functions. Click to view the video again and the popup asks for login.

I purge all caches, which solves the issue, therefore I think there is an issue with the session store cache

Cache testing shows 

Session cacheUnsupported mode

I could add a nightly cache purge to cron but that would affect usability

Attaching test results and cache config

Ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Schwartz

Re: Session not passing to popup window

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's very difficult to provide support for the Bitnami Moodle Stack. We don't know what they did when providing and installing Moodle.

I would strongly encourage you (and everybody else) not to use these third party installers. Always get Moodle from moodle.org and follow the official installation instructions. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)