articulate storyline 2 scorm file freezes + work not being saved + invalid attempts being recorded + certificate not available on completion of the course

articulate storyline 2 scorm file freezes + work not being saved + invalid attempts being recorded + certificate not available on completion of the course

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 0

I have an issue with users using an articulate storyline 2  scorm file of mine hosted on my own moodle.site

There are 3 issues :

1.0 The file freezes approx 3/4 way through the course

2.0 The users work is not being saved , when they log back in to the site 

" I went out of the program and then back in but it didn't save my work so I was surprised to see that I was now on attempt 2 out of 3! I tried to go in again but nothing happened and now I am in and on attempt 3 out of 3! "

3.0 User unable to print their certificate after completion of the course

I've gone back to the user to determine which browser they are using and if it is a particular slide that freezes. 

If it s a specific slide, will this cause the  freeze or is it more likely a browser or wi fi connection issue ?

Is it better to do this course with an ethernet connection rather than wi fi ?

What would cause users work not being saved ? The articulate scorm file  gives you the option when logging back in to resume from where left of, which makes it hard for me to understand why they're saying this is happening.

Also the moodle site was configured to permit 3 attempts. I understood this to mean that if the user failed the exam, they could re-try it 3 times.  Not that when ever they log back in to the moodle site , it is then recorded as an attempt ?  Perhaps I've not cofigured this bit correctly ?

The file size is 300 mb

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -