This page has been reset--- AGAIN.......

This page has been reset--- AGAIN.......

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 4

All is lost after grading, evaluating, and commenting on 18 student projects. 
Pardon me while I erase all those presidential expletives I just entered.

Is this some prank time out?  Is it a local setting that I can have changed? Is it built in?  This is not the first time.
Can there be some sort of back up being made as I work that would allow me to retrieve my work?

Can there not be a time clock to tell me how much longer I have or do I now have to save with every entry?  I choose to use the "Quick Grading" in that the format works much better for me than the individual grading format.  I want, on one screen,  to compare  student work, comments and balance the grades.

Tirade is now over and the floor is open for discussion.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: This page has been reset--- AGAIN.......

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Having been there and "had the happen to me", I sympathize. Took me a while, but I forced myself to learn to hit the, Save, button after each 2 or 3 entries, instead of waiting until I had entered grades for all students visible on the page.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is that STILL a problem? I remember that from quite some time back. 

Essentially, the marking interface is completely client side. It doesn't check back with the server - so you are just asking for a timeout. 

If you are using Moodle 3.1 you might want to consider upgrading. It's possible that this has been improved. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Passover and Easter on the same day.  Maybe it is a time for miracles.

Two hours later, as I was recovering my composure,  I ventured back to the computer only to find that a student had sent me an e-mail  message questioning the grade I thought I had just lost.   I went back to the assignment grading page and all except the last two entries were there.

When I saw the "Page has been reset" threat earlier,  there was nothing I could ado t that time to show me that anything was still in tact.  Page back showed blanks. I shut Moodle down, had some chocolate milk,  and took a recovery nap.

Yes, all except two grades were there.
'splain that one...?

(:

It looks as if we are using Moodle 3.1 with upgrade scheduled for the summer.

Now back to my usual kvetching....

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok - I was thinking that I hadn't seen this since the versions after Assignment was rewritten in 2.2. I'm pretty sure it's been sorted but I couldn't find the ticket for it.