Background not deleting

Background not deleting

by Veronica Duncan -
Number of replies: 11
I had been using a background from a free website but decided to remove it for more file room. The theme settings will not let me delete it. I can click the delete button. The file goes "undefined" then shows back up again. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? I can't add a screenshot because it deletes and adds itself back in immediately.

version 3.4.2, no additional plugins

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Veronica Duncan

Re: Background not deleting

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1.  What theme?

2.  More file room?  How big is the file?  How limited is your space that deleting a background is going to help?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Depending on the image itself and how you deleted it, which is more than likely in the settings page of the theme you are using, then the only thing I can think of is that:

1. you did not save the changes you made after deleting the image
  2. you need to purge all caches to clear the stored image in the themes's cache
  3. the image is still hardcoded somewhere and linking an image from outside of the theme

Just a few ideas...

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Veronica Duncan -

I tried saving several different times. I can't find anywhere else that the file would be saved. I tried clearing the caches, didn't work. I uploaded the only spots that I've been able to find the file name, one of which does not allow any actions. Any other ideas where to look? I'm deleting this preemptively. I have a feeling I will reach the max limit on the free account quickly as i haven't started uploading any presentations yet.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So you click on the file, click on delete and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save?

That should do it.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Veronica Duncan -

Yes that should work but it doesn’t. When I click delete it pretends that it’s going to remove itself but then it says undefined and then it appears again, all in a matter of a second

by Emma Richardson -

And this is a file that you uploaded originally?  Or was it already on the site?  Sounds like a permissions issue.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Veronica Duncan -

I uploaded it. That’s why I’m so baffled!

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, what theme are you using? 

Thanks for the link but I cannot see the image as I don't have permission to login.

Not to worry as I have signed up and created my own moodle cloud site too. I am only allowed to use the Boost theme as my site is FREE.

if you are using your site for training then you will have access to other themes.

So can you tell me which theme you are using so I can test it out on my Moodle Test Server which I can test it to see if there is a problem with that setting?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Veronica Duncan -
I'm also using the free cloud site. I'm using the boost theme. I used a background from a free website, which is the only thing I can think of that could be weird about it but I should still be able to delete, ya know! Thanks for checking!

by Mary Evans -

Looks like it is your browser cache that is the problem so try...

Ctrl + F5

which means you press the Control key and the Function 5 key on your keyboard together this should force a screen refresh that should clear your browser cache.