error_log_logger.class.php empty

error_log_logger.class.php empty

by Rob Mills -
Number of replies: 1

I can't believe I am the only one having this problem but can't find anything on it:

I can't backup or restore, I get and error message telling me it cant access error_log_logger.class.php . When I look at the file system I see that file is empty. I go to the github repository and get the code that should be in that file and put it in. 

Backups and restore work beautifully. Then at some point (probably a cron routine) the file contents disappear again and we are back to square one. 

Whats going on here? This happens with two installations, one 3.3.2  and the other a pretty fresh virgin installation 3.4.1

Help!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Mills

Re: error_log_logger.class.php empty

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rob,

I don't know or understand why this file becomes empty on your installations, but it shouldn't.

In my opinion, it's not really a Moodle problem, but more a web server problem. For security purposes, Moodle directory (and subdirectories and files) should be read only.

You should look seriously at how are your installation handled, and what can lead to this problem (cli scripts, corruption...). Perhaps looking at the date/time of last modification could also help.

Séverin