Behat stopped working; crashes on Moodle login

Behat stopped working; crashes on Moodle login

by Richard Lobb -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

My behat testing environment was working fine back in January but is now crashing when it gets to the Moodle login screen. I attach two versions of the output from the run, one when running selenium-server-standalone 2.53 (which was the version that had been working for me) and one when running the latest selenium-server-standalone 3.11.  I get the same crash regardless of what behat tests I run.

I'm not aware of having changed anything behat-related, so I assume an automatic upgrade of some component has broken my setup, which has always been a bit fragile. Can anyone suggest a configuration that works reliably in Ubuntu 16.04, please?

Linux version: Ubuntu 16.04

Moodle version: 2017111300.01 (3.4+)

Selenium server standalone version: 2.53.0 (and 3.11.0 also fails at the same step in the process)

Chrome version: 64.0.3282.186

I've also tried switching to Firefox (which never used to work for me in the past) by editing the Behat details in config.php. Firefox opens the Moodle URL OK (bringing up a screen showing the Acceptance test site) but aborts before opening the login form with the message

The base URL (http://127.0.0.1/moodle) is not a behat test site, ensure you started the built-in web server in the correct directory or your web server is correctly started and set up.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Lobb

Re: Behat stopped working; crashes on Moodle login

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

When you updated selenium, did you also update chromedriver?

Often, when Chrome self-updates, it breaks Behat until you get the latest Chrome driver.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)