delete a course

delete a course

by Mark Miller -
Number of replies: 6

I'm using Moodle 3.4.

I created a dummy course to try and learn how to use "book". I couldn't figure it out.  I'd like to remove the course. The only thing that came up in Moodle Docs was how to delete within 24 hours of creatiuon.

Appreciate your help.

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: delete a course

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Go to Site Admin > Courses > Manages Categories and Courses. Select the Category the course was  created in and then select the course you want to delete. In the panel on the right, (it usually is on the right), use the delete icon, the X, to the right of the course name, follow the prompts and say OK to everything. That should delete it.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Sachi Sagar -

I am not able to delete course in moodle.

When I am deleting it says deleting and then nothing happens. Please help.

In reply to Sachi Sagar

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Have you looked at the documentation link provided by Mary C? Or the links above that? And it is still not deleting? If so, then are you an Admin of that Moodle? If not, then you will need to talk to an Admin. If you are then the only other way I know of deleting a course is by accessing it directly in the database. If you do not have access to the database, then discuss it with your System Admin, they should be able to assist.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Miller

by bname Ray -
Hi Mark, I faced with the same Issue. I cannot delete the courses. I followed the same procedures as with Colin Fraser, but it comes with this error " error/error_opening_file" and with a "More information about this error" yes its passed the 24 hr grace period. Anyone got a fixed for that. appreciate

Even when clicking the delete icon, on the delete prompt screen, the "Delete" button is Grayed out...