Canvas vs. Moodle

Re: Canvas vs. Moodle

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

@David, my point exactly, even now I suspect a lot of high level educators and politicians think "the cloud" lies at the end of the Yellow Brick Road and is a place of soda pop fountains and ice-cream mountains,  where happiness reigns, and the music plays ever so loudly.... wide eyes

@Rick, while I can appreciate the distinction, with Canvas it appears an issue of who owns the data? With Canvas, control seems to imply ownership. Unless I miss my guess, GoDaddy is not going to be arguing with you about who owns the data in your Moodle. My concern is if things go badly for Instructure in the longer term, it looks like they have already positioned themselves to use your organization's data as an asset of theirs. I have seen nothing, read nothing to make me think otherwise. Unless there is a private treaty or an EULA where it specifically states that data is not the property of Instructure, I would be extremely wary of their marketing.  

@Jerry, we had a similar problem here, all that happened was the Government changed the law. It seems we don't know the power of the Dark Side. I wouldn't expect it to be any different in Canada, no matter how disappointing the outcomes.