Canvas vs. Moodle

Re: Canvas vs. Moodle

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I'm thinking that what Chris K is doing in Dearborn could be a model on effective use of resources and technology. That would work in any education or training environment, K-12 and College/University. To make it work though, it would need someone who is also a developer, or has the skill base to become a developer. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Can you link to this Chris K post please?

In reply to Dave Perry

by Colin Fraser -

Don't have to, Dave, it has been pinned as the first post in this Forum as recommended reading. There is a second post, on 3 ways on how to stop blended learning, but that is a bit further down..smile 

But it is...

Top Tech Tools....

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Interesting, Colin (and Dave).  Your post and how you created a link to "Top Tech Tools" demonstrates "linking to other posts." Might this be yet another feature of Moodle's discussions -- the ability to link to a very specific post by using a Permalink?  I just check my Canvas, and I cannot detect any similar feature (but maybe because Canvas is so simple, this feature is hidden. Someone else will have to verify this for me.  big grin )

I use this Permalink feature in Moodle all the time, a feature that is often missed by those not watching or learning moodle.  In fact, sometimes students will email me a question (yes, via a normal email) and I will point the student right to a very specific discussion post.  From the student's side, they click on my link in the email, if not logged into moodle they log in, then they are taken right to my post.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Colin Fraser -

That's how I have always logged in Rick, using the link in Thunderbird, my email app. I think I would be lost without it, because it takes me direct to the thread, if not the exact post I want to comment on, like this one.