Assignment Annotation

Assignment Annotation

by COS Admin -
Number of replies: 2

I am running Moodle 3.3 on a VPS with Ubuntu 16.0.4, PHP 7.2, MariaDB 10.1 managed in an app sandbox through RunCloud. I'm trying to test the assignment annotation feature, but it is simply not showing up anywhere. I followed the Moodle documentation and allowed Comments inline, file feedback, and accept PDF submissions. When opening the grading screen, there is no PDF annotation editor, no option to launch anything of the sort. Clicking on the submitted file merely downloads the PDF. There is no error suggesting there is anything wrong, it is simply missing.

I haven't made any substantial changes to default Moodle, but I also don't have Ghostscript. Is installing ghostscript necessary for the editor to even show up? What am I missing? Is the function somewhere else or do I need to do something to make it available? 

Thanks to anyone that can shed light on this.

Attachment assignment screenshot1.png
Attachment assignment screenshot2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to COS Admin

Re: Assignment Annotation

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Hopefully the FAQ "I cannot annotate directly on students' submissions" in this Assignment FAQ page  (link) will help you.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Assignment Annotation

by COS Admin -

I installed Ghostscript and it showed up. However, the problem hasn't been solved. Now submissions appear as a blank PDF. According to the Moodle documentation, it is supposed to be working without unoconv, for PDF submissions. However, I tried installing unoconv anyways, only to notice that in Moodle system settings, there are NO UNOCONV settings anywhere. It is not in Annotate PDF's plugin settings, which the install unoconv documentation page refers to  https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Universal_Office_Converter_(unoconv). There is no way to "test system path" because it's not in system path settings where the Ghostscript setting could be found either.

Why isn't unoconv anywhere to be found? And is there a way to deal with the blank submissions without installing unoconv? I don't need to convert other files to PDF.