Emails On Course Completion

Re: Emails On Course Completion

by Neil Shepherd -
Number of replies: 11

Thanks Melanie.

Having dug around I think we've got it working...now we just have to work out if we can make it do enough of what we want =;)

In reply to Neil Shepherd

by Lisl Cammile Glivano -
Hi Niel,

I would like to know if you were able to set up your system to where it was able to send the email notifications. If so, would you mind sharing how you've done it? I'm currently searching on how to do the same on our LMS, I've just started using Moodle about a month ago and would really appreciate your insights.

Thanks,

Lisl 

In reply to Neil Shepherd

Hi Niel,

I would like to know if you were able to set up your system to where it was able to send the email notifications. If so, would you mind sharing how you've done it? I'm currently searching on how to do the same on our LMS, I've just started using Moodle about a month ago and would really appreciate your insights.

Thanks,

Lisl 

In reply to Lisl Cammile Glivano

by Serko Srabonian -

Hi Lisl,

I'm wondering if you ever figured out or received a response to your initial question. I've been wondering the same thing and searching for the solution. 

Seems like this would be easier than it appears to be, but perhaps, I just haven't looked in the right spot for the answer.

Thanks!

Serko

In reply to Serko Srabonian

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You could use the custom certificate module to create a You're done message--it would be sent as a pdf but you can make it look like what ever you want, including a message.  But it will send email when received.

Hi Serko, 

Sorry for the late reply, I agree with Melanie. I used the custom certificate to notify the student of their completion.

Lisl

by Serko Srabonian -

Thank you both for your suggestions, I appreciate it!

That's a great solution to getting the learner confirmation of completion, but I need to inform the instructor and course support staff as well.

In essence, I suppose I'm looking for a way to notify admin staff and student. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Hi Serko,

There is an option in the custom certificate to send a copy as well to teachers.

Hope this helps

Lisl

by Melanie Scott -

I'll point out that if the person who needs notice isn't the teacher...you can also explicitly add them in the email others area.  I haven't messed with the email teacher bit--It may email the teacher with the lowest ID number or all teachers (if you have more than one)--sometimes emailing instructors stuff is a bit sporadic...but it probably specifies teacher role, so if you teachers are non-editing, it may not work.

by Mel Swit -

HI there,

I am trying to update a certificate module to email student plus an admin.  Can i include multiple email addresses or different email addresses for each student or does it have to be only 1 per course. 

Also direct instructions on how to get to the emails on course completion would be great. I can't seem to locate the option.. 

We sell our courses, and at this stage the only thing that happens is the ability to download the certificate. We want to enable the email to student and then email to an administrator which could be different people, and then also send us a copy to ourselves. 

i have also noted that you have upgraded a new messaging service in 3.5 release. How does this work and how is it managed? Guidance on this would also be fantastic.

Thanks

mel

In reply to Mel Swit

by Melanie Scott -

So, if you want it to send an email to the admin, there are two options.  Enroll the Admin in every course OR put the admin's email in the Email others area. I believe you can put multiple emails in there--read the help text. If you look at the Options section of the custom certificate module, you turn Email students to yes.  And it does. I strongly recommend setting restrictions BEFORE turning it on or a bunch of people might get certificates who have not earned them.

As far as I know, there is not way to email on course completion (other than custom certificate being set to issue on completion, which would qualify).

Messaging has changed--you might do a search for messaging or go to documentation (Mary C has a video on the Messaging documentation page regarding updates for 3.6 and probably 3.5--didn't look).

by Shirley Gregorczyk -

Using the custom certificate plug-in the Admins and/Instructors have full visibility to see which students completed their certificates. Not a fan of extra email traffic, I can view the list and or download a copy on demand.