Remove DASHBOARD, EVENTS, MY COURSES from Adaptable menu

Remove DASHBOARD, EVENTS, MY COURSES from Adaptable menu

by Manpreet Sambhi -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

I have just installed the Adaptable theme but there are 3 default options in the menu bar that I cannot seem to remove

Attachment menu.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manpreet Sambhi

Re: Remove DASHBOARD, EVENTS, MY COURSES from Adaptable menu

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You did not say which particular menu items you need to remove, although I suspect these are coming from your Moodle site.

Which theme where you using previously? Not that it matters but it could be a problem if you want to use another theme as a course theme. 

It looks like the menu items you want to remove are from your Moodle site menu items which can be changed in Administration > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Themes settings

But you can only do this if you are the Administrator!

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Manpreet Sambhi -

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am indeed the site administrator. I was previously using the BCU theme and on the image above my custom menu starts with Home, then My courses, then Maths puzzles etc

The other menu items before that are default options in this theme I think but I cannot see for the life of me if there is an option to disable them

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sorry I did not read the title of the subject closely enough.

There should be some settings for this in the Adaptable theme settings...which one exactly I am not sure.

Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Adaptable (settings) there is a very long list of them!

Hope this helps?

Mary

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You can show/hide these items in Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Adaptable > Header Navbar

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Manpreet Sambhi -

Thank you

One last problem. I can't seem to eliminate 'events'. It is not in the head nav bar section

Attachment 77.PNG