is there any way to disengage paypal self enrollment so that it doesn't affect existing users who signed up that way?

is there any way to disengage paypal self enrollment so that it doesn't affect existing users who signed up that way?

by Billy Zwiener -
Number of replies: 7

I had paypal self enrollment active and then made it inactive. During the time period it was active I had 4 students who signed up this way. Now that I have deactivated "paypal self enrollment" it has basically kicked those users who enrolled in that fashion out of the system. Is there any way to change their enrollment method AFTER the fact so they can remain in the course (with their current progress)? Or is there any way to disengage paypal self enrollment so that it doesn't affect existing users who signed up that way? Thanks for any insight.

moodle 3.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Billy Zwiener

Re: is there any way to disengage paypal self enrollment so that it doesn't affect existing users who signed up that way?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes - that's how enrolment works. As there are only 4 users you can change their enrolment from Paypal to Manual in the Enrolment screen for the course. It doesn't actually kick them out - the course just becomes inaccessible to them.

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: is there any way to disengage paypal self enrollment so that it doesn't affect existing users who signed up that way?

by Billy Zwiener -

Thank you for this info. Can you please guide me to the proper enrollment screen to achieve this

There are several that Ive stumbled on 

• Home / ▶︎
  • Site administration / ▶︎
  • Plugins / ▶︎
  • Enrolments / ▶︎
  • PayPal

Doesnt achieve my goal. Can you please direct me to the correct admin path? Thank you again for your time.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Not in the admin - in the course settings. Go to Participants in the course and then (depending on version, this has changed) to Enrolments via the 'Cog' on the Participants page. You need to find the PayPal users and change their enrolment method to manual.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Billy Zwiener -

I still can't figure out how to navigate to the location that will achieve this. I have included a screencast to hopefully help show my trouble. Thank you again for your help on this. MUCH MUCH appreciated.

by Billy Zwiener -

I just found an older thread on this that looks discouraging https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=337593 and appears there's not a simple fix for this sad

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Billy,

Don't give up - you CAN continue to give your students access to the course! As Howard mentions, you just need to manually enrol them in the course.

First, go into the course. Then see the section on enrolling users in https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Manual_enrolment for what you need to do.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Billy Zwiener -

Thank you!