Resume where left off in Scorm video

Resume where left off in Scorm video

by C Sand -
Number of replies: 2

I have a course created in Captivate 9.  The course is a video followed by quiz questions.  Once added to our moodle site and a user starts the class and begins to watch the video but can not finish in one sitting, so they exit the activity or let's say they step away from their desk and the session has ended.  Once they go back into that class to finish taking the course they are not able to pickup where they left off.  They have to watch the video all over again and sometimes this is a 45-60 minute video.  One caveat is that the teachers do not want students to be able to fast forward through classes so the published class has the progress bar removed so students can not just fast forward the lecture.  So my question, is there a way to allow a student to resume in a video(which is apart of a captivate course) once the activity has been exited or the window has been closed(and there is no progress bar so the student can just fast forward to where they left off)?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to C Sand

Re: Resume where left off in Scorm video

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

You'll have to ask in Captivate forums, since saving the progress of something like that would have to be something that the Captivate package does. Moodle only presents the content the SCORM package has and can receive information the SCORM package sends. So for example if the Captivate module saves progress through pages and saves that back to Moodle, Moodle can then pull it up next time the person visits and resume where they left off... But again, Captivate has to do that 'saving of progress' internally first before Moodle can save it in the user's account.

In reply to Mathew Gancarz

Re: Resume where left off in Scorm video

by C Sand -

Thank you for taking the time to reply Mathew.  I appreciate your assistance.  I will post in the Captivate forum.