General developer forum

Can I make changes to a new report template created for the gradebook?

Picture of Mark Haystead
Can I make changes to a new report template created for the gradebook?

Good afternoon,

My apologies if this isn't the correct forum to post this question. I'm currently the primary administrator for a small number of courses on a server running Moodle 3.2.1 (Build: 20170109). I posted this to the Gradebook forum about three weeks ago and haven't received a response.

Currently, as a grader, viewing a student's user report in a course displays links back to the assignment activities for the course.

Activity Links

For our purposes, I'm wanting to create a version of the Gradebook user report that displays links back to the student's submissions instead of the assignment activity page. Doing so would reduce frustrations experienced by some in having to open the grader interface and search for the student. I've tried searching the various forms and read through several posts. Maybe I'm not thinking of the most useful search terms to narrow my search correctly.

I did find a tutorial on how to create a new report for the gradebook (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Gradebook_reports).  Reading through moodle/grade/report/overview/lib.php I found code that links back to the student's user reports for each enrolled course.

$courselink = html_writer::link(new moodle_url('/grade/report/user/index.php', array('id' => $course->id,'userid' => $this->user->id)), $coursename);

I was hoping to find a similar link in the php files in moodle/grade/report/user, Alas, I haven't been able to find one. I've spent hours searching through php code in the Moodle GitHub to no avail. 

I was able to find code in the user report's index.php file that creates student name links:

$studentnamelink = html_writer::link(new moodle_url('/user/view.php', array('id' => $report->user->id, 'course' => $courseid)), fullname($report->user));

Does anyone know where the user report activity links are created in the php files? I'm beginning to think the activity links are created in a section of the Moodle code that I won't be able to change.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Average of ratings: -