Moodle with Oohoo language lab plugins

Moodle with Oohoo language lab plugins

by Davida Natolotra -
Number of replies: 1

Hello dear,

I would like to investigate some problems in my school’s language lab using the Oohoo language lab Moodle plugin. I ask you helps with these configuration. For a notice, the whole network is “local”, i.e not connected to internet.

We have already the following configuration:

• 20 computers set as clients (students), dual core with 2GB RAM (not upgradable)
  • 1 computer set as a Moodle (with Moodle 2.7) server and teacher (core i5, 4GB RAM)
  • 1 computer set as Oohoo server (Ubuntu server with the RAP5 and others) for audio streaming (core i5, 4GB RAM)
  • Functioning local network (Oohoo server to Moodle server, Moodle server to client using a switch). I don’t have the administrator access as he is dismissed (a hard OS re-installation will be the only way if the server need to be accessible in admin mode)

The following problems occur almost of the time when it’s working:

• There is a delay for each client, i.e they can’t hear their voice in real-time (mic-headset).
  • Voices are confused during session, i.e the voice of one student is heard by another student (through headset of course).
  • Clients are “offline” after a working session, i.e when a group of student finished their session with a functional condition (all client has access of their account to the server even the early problems still exist) the next group can’t - all clients seems to be disconnected to the server

We tried to fix these with no solution so far. We checked the network (wiring, IP config, etc), we tried to figure out any possible hardware issues (headset, hard drive, sound system setup for each computer, etc) with no solution.

I hope you can help me to solve the problems. Best regard.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Davida Natolotra

Re: Moodle with Oohoo language lab plugins

by Davida Natolotra -
So far, we've fixed the first problem - the delay - by using usb sound card. The main problem still the 'offline' in our intranet after a working session. Thanks in advance for those who may help.